A List Of Great Research Paper Topics On The Hurricane Katrina
The hurricane Katrina is a dark spot on the recent history of USA. Many lives were lost, and people did not recover from the trauma even in the many years that passed. To write a paper about this is not easy, especially because it is still a sensitive topic for so many people. You need to show a lot of empathy and to focus on real experiences. These topics will help you build something impressive:
- The origin of hurricanes. How are they formed? What are the processes that lead to their formation? Make a detailed description of these and help your classmates understand.
- Present the five deadliest hurricanes in the history of USA. Katrina is just one of them, talk to your class about the others and point out the differences and similarities.
- Mississippi destructions. It was maybe the most affected region and hundreds of houses were completely destroyed by the storm.
- Tropical storm. Explain the term, how is it formed and what other major storms affected USA.
- Security measures. How effective the security measures were in front of the hurricane? In some cities, the evacuation was done effectively, so there were not many casualties but in others the authorities failed.
- Miracle survivors of the tragedy. There were people and animals who were buried under collapsed buildings for days and still survived miraculously. Discuss some of these cases and how their survival was possible.
- Economic damage. Many regions were severely affected from all points of view and the economy suffered for years because of the destructions that occurred.
- Survival kit. Especially in the following months of the tragedy the authorities tried to educate the population about having a survival kit. A backpack filled with food and essential objects can save your life. Discuss about what objects you should have in your kit.
- Reconstruction. The government and other countries became actively involved in the reconstruction after the crisis passed. Their efforts paid off, and they could rebuild cities in just a matter of months.
- Confession from survivors. It would be very interesting to find out what happened directly from a person who was there. You can find testimonials on the internet or, if you are willing to put more effort into it, you can try to talk directly to somebody who survived the hurricane.