5 Great Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
Psychology is one of the most beloved classes in schools today. Students love to learn about the different psychological theories as well as how the science has grown. They enjoy reading about the founding fathers like Freud and Jung, as well as the basic needs for survival. They also enjoy learning about psychological disorders and the common treatments. Fortunately, when instructors decide to assign research papers in their psychology courses, college students usually take the challenge on with gusto.
The first step in writing a great psychology paper is to choose a great research paper topic. Since psychology is constantly evolving, there are always new and exciting topics to evaluate. The best way to choose a psychology research topic is to pick one that is relevant to your course. For example, if you are studying educational psychology, then you will want a topic relating to children. If you are studying geriatric psychology, then your topic should be related to the aging process. Here are a few topics that would be great topics for a general psychology course:
- How advertising affects the mind? We all know that advertisements encourage us to buy products and that the jingles often get caught in our heads, but what else are advertisements doing to us?
- How does body image affect the eating habits of men and women? Body image is a big topic right now, from fat-shaming to skinny-shaming, to eating disorders, and binge exercising, this topic does not appear to be going away anytime soon. You will certainly discover some interesting facts researching the psychology of body image.
- The psychology behind apathy. People seem to not care anymore. Why are so many people apathetic about important things, like education, politics, and current events? How does apathy develop? What can be done to stop it? In short, how do we make people being to care again?
- The psychology behind grades. Have you ever wondered how instructors assign grades? Do you think you are earning what you deserve? Why do European students earn lower grades that American students? How do students and teachers feel about grades?
- The psychology of road rage. This is another timely topic that only seems to be growing. Each day, people have to deal with their feelings of rage while on the road. Why do some people act on it and others do not? What can be done to curb this feeling? Where does the feeling come from?